Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's been an interesting summer so far. Not necessarily good or bad, just interesting.

I've had so many emotions this summer. Sometimes I've been on a super high & other times I am riding on that low. I've met some new people & other I've distanced away from. Sometimes I have a whole realm of free time, others I can barely get a minute to myself. Many a times I've cried & many a times I've rejoiced. Just when I think God doesn't have me in mind, He surprises me.

Everytime I go to bed, I pray for the unexpected. I don't like the predictable, whether it's a predictable situation, a predictable boy, or even a predictable game in the World Cup. That's probably why I make other people make certain decisions for me, because I want to be surprised. Sometimes I just get in my car with no direction or purpose & just drive & sometimes it's surprising where I end up at the end of the road.

As I head to Nicaragua just for my annual fix of mission work, I know God will reveal just some more of the unpredictable to me. Nicaragua always lets me clear my head & lets me really listen to what God is telling me. As I pray for this summer, I will continue to pray for the unexpected. However, the unexpected doesn't cut short of the summer. Besides, if everything was predictable where would the faith be?

No comments:

Post a Comment